08 November 2012

With Apologies to Selena Gomez



(yes I had to look up who sings this song)

I love you like a love song, baby.  Ardent at first. I play it over and over, and can’t seem to get enough. I listen to it on my way to work, on my lunch break, when there is no one else in my office, I hum it in the shower. I sing it in the car, embarrassing myself at stoplights. And then, after a few weeks, I don’t switch to it first on my iPod. I find myself turning back to Yo Yo Ma, rather than it as I fall asleep.  Later, not as much later as I’d like, as I don’t like to think of myself as capricious – I change the station when it comes on the radio. I groan when the club plays it.  I roll my eyes as younger, wide eyed girls sing it on the streetSoon I can’t stand it hearing it at all…

original here

and apologies that I missed a few days - I had a bit of election fever, and neglected many duties!

1 comment:

ANI said...

You should've just asked me who sings that song;) being a big fan of the pop music on the radiowaves (which I am subjected to an hour per day I spend in my car) I know pretty much everything I need to kick ass in SongPop ;)