03 November 2012

With Apologies to Dionne Warwick



The moment I wake up before I put on my make up, I think about Irina, the beautiful blonde who performs on the Russian bar.  She is married to one of her porters, but I think that he is cheating on her with one of the trapeze sluts.  She is so lovely and delicate – like a tiny bird in the air.  I cannot understand who could look away from such a mesmerizing creature…cannot understand why she stays.  Maybe she thinks that if she confronted him, that he wouldn’t catch her – that her tiny feet couldn’t find the pole when she alights from her flight. Maybe she thinks that her brother, Ivan, wouldn’t forgive her for divorcing him.  I would never leave you, Irina. I would never make a fool of you.  Though I am only a clown, I am more of a man than he will ever be.   


original here.

No comments: