22 September 2006

friday-taking requests

i'm auditioning new topics--these are some that elisa gave me last week. let me know what you think, and feel free to offer others.

Things that blow my mind.
waking up in the alps. i thought the movies exaggerated. turns out, they didn't.

Things that make me itchy.
unlined wool pants

Things that make me want to get totally wasted.
reading the newspaper

Things that inspire schadenfreude.
enron execs doing the perp walk (not ken lay dying, though. i'm not morbid)

Things that are unheimlich.
the exhibit of dead people at the museum of science (nix and nu went to that last night and the idea of a dead, skinned guy posed as if he was on a skate board, really gives me the heebie jeebies)

Things that appall me.
that our secretary of state got to keep his job in the primary, after allowing petitions to be submitted, even though the people gathering the signatures had misrepresented the cause to the people that signed (i.e. it was really against gay marriage, but they thought they were agreeing that wine should be sold in grocery stores)

Things that remind me of mortality.
low flying planes

Things that are underseasoned.
pad thai, unless i go to the restaurant with my friend c. they take her far more seriously than me.

Things that mutate.
viruses

Things that are cut on the bias.
not things that i sew (i'm not that talented)

Things that are retarded.
charge density; time; potential

Things that trill.
piccalos (especially in stars and stripes forever that two separate friends of mine have had to play)

4 comments:

Elisa said...

Can you do all 12 *every* Friday?!

k. said...

we'll see. i'll try nix's next week.

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh! What about "Things that are Farkatk(e)"?

Anonymous said...

"Things that trill.
piccalos (especially in stars and stripes forever that two separate friends of mine have had to play)"

I hope I'm counted in that group, since I've had to play it more times than I can remember. It's all muscle-memory. Which is why playing it in the orchestra key stinks, because if you memorized it for wind ensemble, they're close-but-not-quite enough to be utterly, frustratingly different.

Some days you might rather hear a trill of excitement in a friend's voice than in a piccolo. (I say that despite actually liking the crazy, finicky little instrument.)
--QotU