22 August 2012

where's that rock of ages, when I need it most...

I was at a concert this evening, where the group (Redbird) played a cover of Johnny Cash's Unchained, which reminded me that I have been wanting to post my five favorite songs (as decided from an entirely unscientific study of these being the songs I most reliably don't skip through when they pop up on random). 4 of these I think (hope) are Spotify links.  the last is YouTube.  We'll see how I do with the new technologies...

Nina Simone – My Baby Just Care for Me
Josh Ritter – Kathleen
The Grateful Dead – Ripple
Louis Jordan – Knock Me A Kiss
Unchained - Johnny Cash


honorable mentions go to Redbird's Ships and Old Crow Medicine Show's Wagon Wheel (that one is a YouTube link because I love the video so much(.

No comments: