14 July 2010

The Four Best Kisses I Never Had*

4. "Bartender" at Sleep No More: at the end of the performance when you wordlessly unmasked me, your stare was so intense that I thought you were going to kiss me. I found that I was strangely disappointed when you didn't.

3. J(1): You drove me home from a party and we got laughingly lost. When we said goodnight, there was a moment that I thought might change our friendship forever. And then it didn't.

2. H: I walked you to your dorm, and we lingered there for what felt like forever, and I couldn't find the courage.

1. J(2): I was taken. You were a gentleman. But that one night in your living room, it felt like my resolve and your valor wouldn't last until morning. Considering how things turned out, I'm sort of sad they did...

*I'm not sure if the fact that I can only come up with four missed kisses is an indicator of my bad memory or poor impulse control. Apologies if I have offended any of my seven readers by never poignantly not kissing them.

No comments: