15 June 2006

thursday-things that i need

for my horrible cat to stop trying to eat my tomato plant

josephine baker sang a song called "don't touch my tomatoes" which comes to mind. jack put george symonette singing this song on a cd for me, but i can't find a link that will play the song, so josephine you get. plus i bet george symonette never danced in a skirt made of bananas (you have to scroll down for a while on that link, but i thought it was worth it to link to the washington banana museum).

2 comments:

Simeon Berry said...

This is all because she has no hedgehogs to stalk. Blameless tomatoes take the brunt of her feral instinct.

Josephine vs. Carmen Miranda in an all-fruit steel cage match. Who comes out on top?

Someone should write a poem about Isadora Duncan's This is red!" stunt.

k. said...

i like the isadora duncan stuff, but am left with one question: who didn't mercedes de acosta sleep with?

other than me, i mean.